Here I will be explaining to you how to solve the word problem in words.
- You read the question 3 times. Twice in your head and once out loud.
- Highlight the question.
- Highlight the important parts of the question(not just the number but also what the number is)
- Make a blank statement. (answer your question but put a blank where your answer is suppose to be)
- Write your variable and what it stands for.
- Make jot notes about the important parts of the question(what you highlighted in the third step)
- Write the equation in words.
- Substitute the words for what they stand for.
- Answer and verify
- Put answer in blank statement.
Here is my video where I show you how to properly solve word problems